Hardwood Floor Maintenance: Easier Than Carpet?
Why Hardwood Needs Your Help
Flooring is one of the first things our visitors see when they first step in the door. As a result, if you want to make a good impression, you should definitely take part in Hardwood Floor Maintenance. At On Time Steam Cleaning, our professionals work hard to ensure that your flooring is top-notch in appearance.
We specialize in several floor types. In this article, we’re going to take a look at ways to maintain both hardwood floors and carpeting to determine which is more difficult. To start, let’s take a more in-depth look at each type of flooring.
Hardwood Floor Maintenance
Hardwood flooring is a beautiful option when done correctly. Because it can add professionalism to any space, hardwood is great in both the home and the office. Hardwood is resistant to stains and spills. However, it is also vulnerable to becoming gouged, scuffed, and even dented. Fortunately, this type of flooring can be sanded and smoothed back to tip-top shape.
How Hardwood Floor Maintenance Works
- Day to Day Maintenance – To keep hardwood looking its best, there are things that can be done in order to lessen the need for extensive cleanings and repair work. You can treat your floor with a dusting agent, then use a dry mop to pick up loose materials. For highly effective hardwood floor maintenance, sweep and mop on a daily basis.
- Ways to Prevent Damage – One of the simplest ways to keep hardwood looking attractive is to use mats. Mats position outside and inside doors that lead outward, and can greatly reduce the amount of tracked-in dirt that is brought in. Remember, hard materials like gravel can gouge and scratch hardwood, so a mat is a great way to lessen the risk of potential damage.
- Deep Cleaning – You’ll need to have hardwood floors cleaned more intensely from time to time. For best results, we recommend a deep cleaning at least once per year.
At On Time Steam Cleaning, we use top-of-the-line tools to ensure that all dirt, dust, and oil are removed from your hardwood floors. Next, we wash the surface thoroughly. Finally, to ensure that it looks its best, we apply a top coat so your guests and clients will be impressed at the elegance of your flooring.
Carpeting adds hominess to the room. This can be an advantage when used in a business environment. Carpets can even save you a bit of cash since it makes for great insulation. Even on a psychological level, carpets can feel warmer. The chief advantage of carpeting is the aesthetic value that it provides for a room. The main drawback is its vulnerability to spills and stains.
How Carpet Should Be Maintained
- Day to Day Maintenance – Expect to vacuum at least once per day. For businesses, this can be difficult. However, there are options like robotic vacuums that work well. Also, if a spill or stain appears, it’s important to get ahead of it quickly. This keeps bacteria from finding a place to grow.
- Ways to Prevent Damage – Consider using doormats so mud and detritus won’t be tracked in.
- Deep Cleaning – Deep cleaning a carpet is crucial if you want to maintain its attractiveness over the years. We recommend cleaning your carpet at least once every six months. This will ensure that deep-set stains are quickly removed.
At On Time Steam Cleaning, we ensure that your carpet is at its best by using some of the most advanced equipment in the field. We utilize a track-mounted carpet cleaning system that is tailored to your specific floor space.
So, Which is Easier to Maintain?
In the end, while both floor types can be maintained with a modicum of ease, Hardwood Floor Maintenance is slightly less taxing. Hardwood is naturally stain-resistant, so you’ll spend far less time trying to get stains and spills removed. And, while gouges and stains will happen, most hardwood flooring can be restored easily.
Our experienced team is certified through the IICRC. We have the credentials to clean your home or office with a high degree of excellence.
For more information about our services, call (888)-512-2005.